Betrayal
Waking in a foreign room,
blinking in the faded light,
my blurry eyes clear from sleep,
and I realize the sight,
before me as I feel the cold
metal round my wrists,
I pull and strugle against the chains,
but their hold on me resists.
You come to me, a savior,
and I look to you in stress,
but a look of hatred stares back at me,
so cold, I cannot express.
I fold my wings around me,
in fear of your hate, so plain,
anguished screams escape my throat,
as you deliver blows of pain.
I beg and plead,
"Please stop, please stop..."
my crimson tears,
so stinging hot.
You come down to me,
love back in your gaze,
and warmth from your hand,
on my shoulder you graze,
a sickening crack,
my screams of pain,
and there beside me,
my freedom slain.
The darkened feathers,
flutter 'round,
my other wing,
it hits the ground,
you push me back,
my cries persist,
nothing could,
prepare for this
you take me, all of me,
devour me whole,
forcing through,
stealing my soul.
I lay there crying,
with innocence broken,
and you walk away,
my wings as your token,
A sick souvenier,
from your torturous game,
and now on myself,
I place all the blame.
It's all my fault,
your sudden betrayal,
for my love is always,
destined to fail.
(copywright Michell Santiago 2006)
blinking in the faded light,
my blurry eyes clear from sleep,
and I realize the sight,
before me as I feel the cold
metal round my wrists,
I pull and strugle against the chains,
but their hold on me resists.
You come to me, a savior,
and I look to you in stress,
but a look of hatred stares back at me,
so cold, I cannot express.
I fold my wings around me,
in fear of your hate, so plain,
anguished screams escape my throat,
as you deliver blows of pain.
I beg and plead,
"Please stop, please stop..."
my crimson tears,
so stinging hot.
You come down to me,
love back in your gaze,
and warmth from your hand,
on my shoulder you graze,
a sickening crack,
my screams of pain,
and there beside me,
my freedom slain.
The darkened feathers,
flutter 'round,
my other wing,
it hits the ground,
you push me back,
my cries persist,
nothing could,
prepare for this
you take me, all of me,
devour me whole,
forcing through,
stealing my soul.
I lay there crying,
with innocence broken,
and you walk away,
my wings as your token,
A sick souvenier,
from your torturous game,
and now on myself,
I place all the blame.
It's all my fault,
your sudden betrayal,
for my love is always,
destined to fail.
(copywright Michell Santiago 2006)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home