Thursday, April 13, 2006

Island Of Fire

I have never heard of writing
poetry in a science class...and yet
I had to do it. So I decided to post
it here just for the hell of it.


We stand alone on an island of fire,
awaiting a torrent of flame.

Today it will test us,
the sand, it is restless,
for the fire it's only a game.

The smoke is now curling,
an ominous snake,
all over the sky,
danger's now in our wake.

Then into the sky,
in deep orange and black,
the weapon in the mountain,
begins its attack.

Running is pointless,
yet the animals try,
trotting, and gliding, and starting to fly.

Down the mountain,
the red liquid flows,
into the forest,
and everything goes,

up into flames,
and everything's dire,
for we stand alone,
on the Island of Fire.

(copyright Michell Santiago 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home