Here it is!
After a friend of mine asked me to
write another poem as a companion
to "Goodbye" I decided to write one
that occurs afterwards in the point
of view of the guy that the girl in
"Goodbye" is talking to...here it is
After She Said Goodbye
Drifting down in darkness,
the inky blackness pressing in,
somone's pulling me somwhere,
their icy hands are on my skin.
I cannot shake this feeling
somthing here does not feel right,
suddenly a light pops up,
amid this sea of night.
A tighter grip from unseen hands,
the light begins to grow,
tiny sounds reach out to me,
and now I truly know.
Before my eyes it plays for me,
I try to warn the me back then,
and like a kid I close my eyes,
and try to count to ten,
to get it all to go away;
I beg and cry,
and then I say,
"Oh please,
just stop,
leave me alone,
it's all my fault,
I know...I know,
the gun...
the pop...
and all that stuff;
dont you think I've put enough,
tears into that fateful day,
when the love of my life
decide to say,
'I love you, goodbye'
and I'll never know why,
she took her life with only that phrase,
and never did see,
the love in my gaze.
So she put that gun,
to the side of her head,
and without one more word,
she shot herself dead!"
The tears start to flow,
now worse than before,
and I lay there crying,
alone on the floor.
My eyes snap open,
tears wetten my face,
and they continue to fall,
with the same exact pace,
that they did in the nightmare,
I have when I sleep,
since I lost the love,
that I wished I could keep.
And I've been this way,
I refuse to deny,
when I lost my love,
after she said goodbye.
(copyright Michell Santiago2006)
write another poem as a companion
to "Goodbye" I decided to write one
that occurs afterwards in the point
of view of the guy that the girl in
"Goodbye" is talking to...here it is
After She Said Goodbye
Drifting down in darkness,
the inky blackness pressing in,
somone's pulling me somwhere,
their icy hands are on my skin.
I cannot shake this feeling
somthing here does not feel right,
suddenly a light pops up,
amid this sea of night.
A tighter grip from unseen hands,
the light begins to grow,
tiny sounds reach out to me,
and now I truly know.
Before my eyes it plays for me,
I try to warn the me back then,
and like a kid I close my eyes,
and try to count to ten,
to get it all to go away;
I beg and cry,
and then I say,
"Oh please,
just stop,
leave me alone,
it's all my fault,
I know...I know,
the gun...
the pop...
and all that stuff;
dont you think I've put enough,
tears into that fateful day,
when the love of my life
decide to say,
'I love you, goodbye'
and I'll never know why,
she took her life with only that phrase,
and never did see,
the love in my gaze.
So she put that gun,
to the side of her head,
and without one more word,
she shot herself dead!"
The tears start to flow,
now worse than before,
and I lay there crying,
alone on the floor.
My eyes snap open,
tears wetten my face,
and they continue to fall,
with the same exact pace,
that they did in the nightmare,
I have when I sleep,
since I lost the love,
that I wished I could keep.
And I've been this way,
I refuse to deny,
when I lost my love,
after she said goodbye.
(copyright Michell Santiago2006)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home