Sunday, March 26, 2006

Goodbye

I asked for you to meet me here,
to come alone, just you,
to hear something I had to say,
the words of my heart so true.

You were always there for me,
in every single way,
and so I thought I had to tell you,
in my last moments on this day.

Since the very day that we first met,
you listened with all your heart,
and it was not so very long ago,
that my soul began to start,

feeling things I thought were gone,
as my heart came back to life,
you plucked me from the cold dark place,
that captured me in strife.

I realized I cared for you,
to the end of the world and back,
you brought me all those joyful things,
that before I used to lack.

You brought into my life,
happiness and joyful feelings,
laughter and the sounds of birds,
while they make their happy singings.

Yet though these things you gave to me,
were good as long they lasted,
others with more power said that for me,
another mold was casted.

To be with you was not their plan,
they said to just forget you,
but they wouldn’t hear a single world,
and to another world we flew.

It was full of loneliness,
this new and foreign place,
and though I tried will my might,
I could not forget your face.

Only sadness, only pain,
waited for me there,
yet I endured all that I could,
and wished for only one to care.


Now you stand right here before me,
with questions in your face,
and I have brought you here to tell you,
that I'm ending my life's race.

I'm telling you now that I love you,
that you're my one true only friend,
and I only want you here with me,
as my life comes to an end.

I ask you not to stop me
though I know that you will try,
but the gun is cocked and ready
one shot
bang!
Goodbye

(Copyright Michell Santiago)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home