Friday, January 27, 2006

Like a Dream

Sitting in the dark,
tears coursing down my face,
regaled with memories.
What had been,
what I lost,
from when I walked away;
resistant and unwanting,
torn from my grip of life.
Just as in reality,
so real in every way,
they play before me,
like a dream where everything remains untouched.
Looking back I try to scream,
and tell the me back then,
warn me,
stop me,
anything.
The blood of the past floods in,
choking my scream in the dark,
and like a mirage,
it all floats away;
but my tears,
they never stop.

(Copyright, Michell Santiago)

2 Comments:

Blogger XxPacifistPoetxX said...

OMFG!! I LOVE THIS POEM!!

Please post it on The Open Book!

(I'd do it, but my computer is being an ass)

-FadeIntoDarkness

7:32 AM  
Blogger The Rubik's Cube said...

I think I did post Like a Dream on The Open Book...I'll check, if not I'll do it.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home